Subject: [flasher] Re: Telltarget and Load movie issue
From: cpuatqrime [dot] com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:15:54 -0000

Hi,

>> First of all, if that's to be published as Flash 5, replace the
>> TellTarget with _parent.loadport.gotoAndPlay("close"). If you want the
>> next movie loaded into the same movieclip, couldn't you have loadport
>> load it itself once the "close" sequence is done? Something like
>> this.loadMovie("port-qrime.swf") should work.

The problem is that I have multiple buttons and multiple movies to load.
Each will not know which will be next to be loaded. Other thing I can do is
to create a close sequence in the main movie and loads at the end. But if
you do this the main movie will be gets bigger as I add more buttons..

>> If that doesn't work for
>> some reason, another idea would be to have loadport set a variable on
>> the main timeline to say when the "close" sequence is done, which the
>> main timeline would loop around checking and then load the new movie
>> when it's set.

Is this possible? The loaded movie will have to send a variable to a button
in the main movie to load the next one once it finishes the close sequence?
Is that what you mean?

Thanks,
CPU

>> Regards,
>> Helen
>> 1240 Flash Answers from 424 people: http://i-technica.com/flashlist
>>
>> "cpuatqrime [dot] com" wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a movie which loads an external swf files with button action. The
>>> thing is that each loaded movie has a closing animation and i would like
>>> play the closing animation and then "load" the next movie. The script I
> have
>>> is:
>>>
>>> on (release) {
>>> tellTarget ("../loadport") {