Subject: Re: FLASH: download function
From: Charlene Reese
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:16:42 GMT

if ST creates a file that ends up being a .swf then the browser will
recognize it and try to display it in the window. Usually all you do is
make a link to a file and it will automatically download. You should
probably stuff it as a binhex file with stuffit delux or drop stuff and
then create a link to that.

-charlene

On 1/12/99, joost van Schaik wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Today i received Screentime to create screensavers for mac.
>Now i want to give the viewers of my site a possibility to
>download a screensaver from my site but i don't know how i can
>accomplish that. Can i do this within a flash movie? How?
>Or do i need to direct them to a html page where they can download
>the screensaver. And if so how do i do that in HTML?
>
>Sorry for the many questions about scripting. I am a designer, animator
>illustrator and working my way through a lot of paperwork lately to
>extend my possiblities. By the end of the week i would like to give
>the URL of my site under construction for some review of you wizzards.
>
>Is that OK?
>
>Joost van Schaik
>Studio van Schaik
>The Netherlands
>schaikateuronet [dot] nl

Charlene Reese - S r T e U e D s I e O
Digital Graphic Design for Print, Multimedia and the Web
catreesestudio [dot] net http://www.reesestudio.net
949.766.7822