Subject: FLASH: Question: Can you use flash across html frames?
From: Quinn Merio
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:06:20 GMT

I would like to create an html file that uses three frames: a top nav frame, a left nav frame, and a main frame.

I would like the main frame on the first page contain an swf file that has the main movie and intros... etc etc ...but the main frame will at points have lots of text and info that I want to be in html... so I do not want it to be swf always. I would like this page to change . A different htm page each section (some have an swf file, some don't)

the left navigation control would be another swf file (separate) that would control the main frame.

So, if you click on the flashed navigation on the left, the html page in the main frame would change.

The top bar may contain similar controls and would be a third flash file.

I think I have seen this done elsewhere and believe it to be possible. Is is feasible, or very complicated? And where could I get info on how this is done? (I assume you would use load movie and tell target to do it..but am not sure of the syntax or usage)

Also, assuming that there are three frames: would each have to have the javascript that is created by aftershock in them, or would it just have to be in one frame?

I am not receiving this list any longer due to an overflowing mailbox, so if you could please reply to my address at work.. that is merioatnssd [dot] com

I thank you for any input you may give,
quinn