Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash w/ Director 7
From: I am the Walrus
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:42:18 GMT

> Question: Have you worked with Director yet yourself?

I've never worked directly with Director, but I have a basic understanding
of it.

> If you're asking "How can I send messages from Flash to Director?" then
> it's handled through the GetURL action, just like FSCommand. There are a
> couple of different syntaxes available, and this should be worked out
> between you and the Director developer.

That is exactly what I needed to know. Unfortunatly the Director developer
has zero experience with Flash, so I think that we most likely won't be
using it. I think we'll spend to much time and money trying to figure out
how to make it work than this project is budgeted for.

> MPEG implementations can be used in Director, but on some-but-not-all
> machines. (That's more his problem than yours, but QuickTime is more
> universal than things-called-MPEG.)

They use an MPEG extra and only produce for Windows 95+, so it's not a
problem.

> Is this what you were looking for? Or...?

Yep! That's exactly it. My friend, the Director developer, was also hoping
that this would be a snap so that he had a reason to get his boss to buy
Director 7 - right now he's running 6.5 ;-)

Thanks!

Paul