Subject: Re: FLASH: help on preloader
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:17:28 GMT

At 05:01 PM 1/14/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi, I have swf that is more than 80k...I want to create preloader...I saw
>sample
>file on how to create preloader and it says
>I need to put all my entire libary on preload section...how do I do that?
>
>thank you

hi Anil.

I'd like to know where you read that -- it does not make sense. the point
is not to preload everything, but to see whether your movie can play
smoothly on an internet connection while streaming. If content is being
called for before it loads, that's when you need to preload some of it.
Depending how fast the content is called for, you will need to preload
different percentages of your content. You never need to preload everything.

See FlashCentral for a tutorial on creating a preload loop:
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

-Marc

Marc Hoffman