Subject: RE: FLASH: 3DSMAX -> Dimension -> Flash?
From: pete clark
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:15:48 GMT

Nope, Dimensions does not support any 3d formats. And nope, there is no way
to get your models from 3D Studio into Flash other than hand tracing. Bummer
huh?
If you want a good tutorial on the hand-tracing method, go to
http://www.manoone.com

BUT, you have not wasted your money on Dimensions. Anything you can created
with Dimensions' crude modeling and animation tools (very crude) is easily
imported into Flash, but not without a LOT of cleanup. I've managed to do it
successfully a few times and the only step it really saves you is the
hand-tracing. You still have to redo the gradients in Flash by hand. If you
are interested in trying it out, email me and I'll give you more detailed
instructions.

Good Luck!

pete clark
noram digital media :: a new media firm