Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH . . .Loaded Movies . . .
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:12:53 GMT

Hi Daniel,

> 1. Does anyone know if when a movie is streaming ahead of its playback if
> when it gets to a frame with a "Load Movie" function, does it load the movie
> right then or at the time the playback goes over the frame? I am assuming
> it will load it before.
You assume wrong. A movie will start loading when you give it a Load
Movie command.

> 2. My next question then is whether or not the newly loaded movie itself is
> loaded completely before the rest of the main movie continues on its merry
> way streaming?) <<< - - - - - on the top of my list of top ten things i
> wish i knew!
Load Movies are independent Web elements and load based on Web
conditions. Any new movie(s) loaded with Load Movie will start loading
while the previous Movie(s) will continue to load. If you want the movie
to load before proceeding then you should be using a Movie Clip.

> 3. the loading movie itself had an "if frame loaded" action on its first
> frame repeating itself till all of itself was loaded and then proceeded to a
> frame which would tell the parent to then continue, parking itself. Would
> this be effective. This question may be moot depending on the answer to
> number two of course.
The Parking method is the standard way to preload Load Movies.

> So, do any of you have such a clear understanding of the symantics of "Load
> Movie" actions to be able to expound upon this?
No, but I wouldn't want you to be without some kind of answer :-)

> If its already been answered or I have missed it in the literature
> . . feel free to tell me to, as they say,
I do believe I just answered these same questions on this List recently.
But I could be mistaken.