Subject: Re: FLASH: Browser types
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:28:23 GMT

When building for the web would it be best to build for a lower version of Flash?
At least the lowest version that would accomplish running the intended animation.
Is there a list of the versions and what they support of should just start by exporting my movie in version 1 and if that doesn't work try 2 and so on ?

What's your target audience? What are you trying to achieve using Flash?

If your target audience is WebTV Classic users, then exporting in SPL format (FutureSplash/Flash 1) will give them the opportunity to view your work, but with limited functionality. Otherwise I'd stick with Flash 3 format, for the reasons listed before (and as discussed on the Macromedia web site). I think by far the majority of Flash users will be using a Flash 3 version plugin.

For a list of what's new in Flash 3 (as opposed to Flash 2), check the Help file.

Brad
Flash QA
------------------------------------------------------------------------ To UNSUBSCRIBE send: unsubscribe flasher in the body of an email to list-manageratshocker [dot] com. Problems to: owneratshocker [dot] com N.B. Email address must be the same as the one you used to subscribe. For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com