Subject: FLASH: button with rollover and rollout
From: WebFeat: Gavin Frayne
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:20:24 GMT

would somebody please tell me an easy way of making a button with rollover
and rollout before i shoot myself.

i have two movie clips. each one alters text on the button. the rollover
fades the text in and the rollout fades the text out (using a different
technique). the onmouse events on the button are set properly and everything
works except the movie are on top on each other, so when the one is
finished, it's last frame stays behind and the rollout then doesn't show or
vice versa. furthermore, is there a trick to tell targeting, because the
goto frame command just doesn't seem to work for me. if i tell the one clip
to go to a certain frame and stop then i can't start it again, it just stops
working after the first mouseevent. nothing seems to work and i'm getting
really irritated. does anyone have a sample for me or some helpful
advice....

thanks
Gavin