Subject: RE: FLASH: Shape tweening a circle
From: Gregory Landry
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:51:27 GMT

I would love an answer to this as well.
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: owneratshocker [dot] com [owneratshocker [dot] com]On">mailto:owneratshocker [dot] com]On Behalf Of Joe Tait
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 12:32 AM
To: Flash List
Subject: FLASH: Shape tweening a circle

Ok, trying to do something seemingly simple.

The effect I am trying to achive is this:

I want a small circle to get progressively bigger, and each successive
growth of the circle to stay as the next one appears, eventually reaching a
big circle, and having all the previous, smaller circles, then dissapear
(wheh). The visual effect would be similiar to sonar waves pulsing outward
(or tracers if you got a little wild in your teenage years).

What I've done so far:

I created the small circle, made it a symbol. Created enough frames to
cover the shape changes. Created a keyframe at the end of those frames.
Inserted the symbol. Scaled it to the size of the largest circle I wanted.
Clicked on one of the frames in between the two keyframes, went to
Modify>Frames>Tween Tab; chose motion tween (should I be choosing shape
tween----> but you can't shape tween a symbol, right?).

The smaller circle then does in fact progressively "morph" into the larger
one, but how do I then make those intermediate frames still visible, and
then dissapear on the last frame?

Thanks in advance,

Joe