Subject: Re: FLASH: tell target
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:57:33 GMT

WebFeat: Gavin Frayne wrote:

> Thanks John, but it still doesn't work
>
> My instance names were correct. Let me explain it a bit better. I have a MC
> that site next to my button. It has a stop action in the first frame, a stop
> action at the end of the rollover sequence, a stop action at the end of the
> rollout sequence. If I set up my button actions to start playing at the
> appropriate frames according to the event it plays the rollover sequence but
> won't play the rollout (even if I move the mouse slowly). It must be some
> very samll silly thing that I am doing wrong

Hiya Gavin,

"goto and play" actions will _NOT_ overide "stop" actions. They should, but they
dont .This might be your problem.
Try placing a label in the next keyframe beside each "stop" action in the MC.
Call upon these specific labels
to get the MC to work.

If Im tell targeting a MC from a button Ill usually label these "over", "out",
"hit" etc.

hths,

-DG-