Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash loading problems (begging on my knees now) OT
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:14:06 GMT

It appears that some people in the art community are a little insensitive to the worries of other people in the same community. Well, let's be perfectly frank. It never has been nor will it ever be (I hope) O.K. to distribute sexual content to hundreds of people that you don't know, especially when they aren't subscribing to it or seeking it out. Whatever reason they don't want to have it in their face should be perfectly ok and well within their rights. For example, If I were to send the url of the First Baptist Church of Some City for review, I would make sure it was noted what type of site it was rather than saying go to www.fbcsc.org and check out my new Flash site. Some people may become offended by it and that is a bandwidth hog. This e-mail is case and point to that last one. We've had this argument online before about a porn site that was sent for review.

Point 2. This is a Flash Developers list, not an art community list.

It's all about respect, and considering that I am probably one of the youngest people on this list, I should be the one getting schooled on respect.

With reverence,
Rusty