Subject: Re: FLASH: Text Zoom In (OT)
From: Ricardo Madrazo
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:02:10 GMT

>I think I have the answer, smash your screen and stick a newspaper
>attatched to a pigeon into your monitor and wait for it to fly out.
>
>STOP making text fly around the screen, please don't do it,it's been
>done and it looks like crap.

<SOAPBOX>

James,

What's the matter with you? Why must you be so nasty? Not all flying text
looks like crap, as you so eloquently put it... just like not all ovals
look like crap (remember that thread, fellas?). What determines if a Flash
file looks like crap is the amount of creativity employed by the developer,
not the effect itself. I've seen many amazing Flash sites that implement
very common yet elegant effects in a unique way.

Don't destroy someone's desire to build something by saying no matter what
they build it will look like crap. Why don't you tell the person, who is
obviously new to Flash, how to do it, and then afterwards, if he/she
decides to share a URL with us, look at it and THEN decide wether or not it
looks like "crap". This list is meant for sharing and constructing, not
for destroying before building.

Sheesh...

</SOAPBOX>

Saludos,

Ricardo Madrazo
--------
Tecolote Digital
madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com (mailto:madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com)
http://www.el-tecolote.com
(525) 530-1870
(525) 639-8460 fax