Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash 4 graphic problem
From: Cameron Hickey
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:46:52 GMT

Tina

One method I have found to work extremely well in maintaining the quality of
a bitmap is to flatten the layers of a photoshop document, then select the
whole canvas and copy it to the clipboard. Go into flash and create a new
layer and paste it there. If you have transparency, this will not work, but
otherwise it is very effective.

I have encountered this problem numerous times when using bitmaps in
flash... What I find is that there are certain limitations in the way flash
can interpret them. Because your picture no longer exists as a normal
bitmap, it can get distorted in any number of different ways. The method I
use to handle this problem is to first check how the image looks at my
intended output resolution, not in the flash development interface (most of
the problems occur here, but not in the final output). If I actually have a
problem with how the final version looks then, as dumb as it sounds, I
usually re-mangle it so that it looks good.

Cameron

flasher is generously supported by...