Subject: Re: FLASH: HTML site
From: unique
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:41:05 GMT

At the exact moment of 2000.01.19.20.44, her/his local time, Eva Isabel/E
Graphics <egraphicatprodigy [dot] net [dot] mx> put forth:

> Hi guys
> I have a very simple question:
> I'm done with a site in Flash, and now i'm working on the HTML version of
> the same site.
> My question is:
> What do you people recomend? Export the same flash doc. i already have in
> GIF format and slice it and then create the image maps, or build the enitre
> page in the traditional way (that for me would be using Dreamweaver and
> exporting every single element into the HTML doc etc etc.).
> Just exporting from flash in GIF format gives me a very compact file i can
> easily link and put on the web, but as i've never done this, i would like to
> know if there is any disadvantage. (It sounds too god to be true! But i am
> willing to cheat....)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Eva Isabel

A URL for the site in Flash would be of great help in helping you!

Or at least post a URL for the GIF.

There are several ways to do this, and it really depends upon the nature of your
artwork. It's very hard to pick a "best way" without a visual image.

Also need to know what any image swaps look like (rollover effects for buttons,
etc.).

One general answer that I could give you is that you can just take a screen shot
of your "page" into Fireworks and clean it up and slice it up and hook in the
links and optimize all the pieces in there ... in case you don't know it,
rollovers are a no-brainer in Fireworks.

HTH,

Ken Sherwood

*zenkat: the Flash trailer*
http://www.kensherwood.com/zenkat.htm