Subject: FLASH: ATM Shock
From: Stuart Mayhew (Garanti Teknoloji)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:25:40 GMT

Hi,
I have a question about what is the best way of producing a good animation for an ATM machine(cash point machine)???....the details are this. I have been asked to produce the graphics for a new atm machine to be used by a bank.The interface will be running Internet explorer 4 so I figured I would use shockwave Flash for the opening animation and any there after. However I am having problems with the fact that Flash is not enjoying the 800x600 format on 14" screens it is running the graphics so slowly I have a couple of GIF backgrounds animated and really for the design I am working on I need to include several images with detail and shading(I know gradients are a problem hence the slowing of the animation) however at this stage I am wondering is it possible to speed up the animation at all(how do I optimize what I have)(when the window is smaller it runs fine) or should I be using another program perhaps this is the wrong tool for the job in hand....could Director be better and more efficient...(my knowledge of its benefits are limited)....I would appreciate any advice from those who know and should thank you in advance for any help or light you can shine on this problem.....the file is currnetly 138K but remember this is running on a stand alone ATM machine which at this stage is 128Mb Ram and a standard pentium 2 processor(200-300 Mhz)....although they may get faster....but I am aiming at this as the the standard configuration

please help
Thanks
Stuart M

flasher is generously supported by...