Subject: Re: FLASH: A teacher wonders why ActionScript tutorials "bite"
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:08:20 GMT

Hi Tom,
Just to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I think the problem is that
the people who "get" ActionScript right away have the background
necessary to do so. It is difficult for them to write introductory
tutorials on ActionScript because they do not, and probably cannot
remember, what it was like to look at the expression editor and think,
"What the heck is this!"
In order to write the kind of tutorial you are talking about you need
to have a clear memory of that absolutely nonplused state of mind. I
have been giving this subject a lot of thought as I too keep seeing all
the questions about how to learn ActionScript. I send folks to the
various tutorials but many come back with questions that indicate they
really need something more.
I am giving this some serious thought, in between working for a living,
Tom, and I will see what I can come up with. I feel your pain, and
besides, I am scared of that wolverine you keep chained to your desk. ;>

Dorian

--
Now Available! Flash 4 Web Animation F/X and Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576105555/flashcentral

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.FlashBible.com/members/TellTarget/
The Flash Fortune Teller http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm
Dorian Nisinson Design
http://www.bway.net/~dorian
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)