Subject: RE: FLASH: Get rich Quick!! or Re: Teacher asks...
From: Chrissy Rey
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:07:17 GMT

Well, you asked for it ;-)

We have an "Advanced Flash" class here at Fig Leaf that covers the basics of
ActionScripting. Right now we're using the Macromedia authorized
curriculum, but we're in the process of customizing it to fit the needs of
our students. Branden Hall just taught our first class last week, with
excellent reviews. He's teaching again in Atlanta on February 10-11, and
I'm teaching the class in DC on February 24-25. You can find out more about
this class at http://www.figleaf.com under Training, or just go right to the
class description at
http://www.figleaf.com/figleafhome/trainingcalendar/class.cfm?classid=20.

I am also teaching a 2-Saturday class (2/5/00 and 2/12/00), called "Advanced
Flash 4 - Introduction to Flash 4's ActionScripting", at Georgetown
University's Networked Media Center. This is an introductory class for
students with little or no experience using Flash actions (ActionScript
newbies!). It includes instruction on basic actions (Stop, Play, Go To),
Get URL, Tell Target, Load Movie, and introduces the fundamentals of working
with variables and expressions, using logic, and reusing actions. You can
find out more about this class at
http://nmc.georgetown.edu/classDetails.cfm?classID=59.

Chrissy Rey
Instructor/Developer