Subject: Re: FLASH: Site Design in Flash?
From: Michael Penne
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:28:09 GMT

Also, using load movie makes updates easier. FI, at
http://www.humboldt.edu/~ac/index2.html
I used load movie of various swfs for repeated info. and oft. updated
info, and get url for various sections to facilitate bookmarking, etc.

--- "Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media" <mailatdartfrogmedia [dot] com>
wrote:
> At 08:49 PM 1/23/00 , you wrote:
> >For a basic site that is designed entirely in Flash 4, is it best to
> have
> >one large .swf file on a single timeline utilizing optimization
> techniques,
> >use multiple scenes, or call independent .swf files as needed?
>
> Tim,
>
> I will add a different point of view than what has been expressed.
>
> If large segments of material will be called in a random fashion by
> the
> user, then it makes sense to me that you use Load Movie. This way
> they
> don't have to wait for things to load that they are not going to
> request,
> or which they will not ask to see until later.

=====
Two new flash movies as of 1/5/00

New music video and new flash 3d file...

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5/flash.html