Subject: RE: FLASH: quote needed, please
From: joe shoults
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:12:04 GMT

Great advice, all of it, Mary. But what I meant was that I am looking to
subcontract this job out. And that, for sufficient intents and purposes,
except as described below, it will be the same as the Room Planner
application at http://www.furniture.com/roomplanner/default.asp. Since it
is functionally close enough to our objective, we're using this RoomPlanner
as a benchmark.

But you're right: I was vague; I apologize. The following clarifications
make a big difference. For the sake of simplicity, tell me how much you
would charge to build THIS app, as shown, but factor in the following:

* Exclude the "Tour" or any other page; just focus on this single page,
* include the fact that users will have to register, but don't factor in the
database/registration page- just this Flash part that uses the registration
cookie or info,
* only allow to save one room per registrant, so the "My Rooms" and "Room
Manager" and "Save This Room" will all essentially be one function to
save/edit one room only, so also exclude the room name field (default says
"Unnamed Room"),
* do not give a choice of every room in the house- no multiple room
selection (again, only one room),
* exclude the "Change Room Scale" button, as it is redundant (you can mouse
over an object to change its parameters)
* include the "Buy Items" button, but don't factor for the development of
shopping basket or e-commerce portion (just pass the values)
* keep "Help"

Production asked me to get a quote because our Flash guys are just too
swamped right now. This Flash app we need the quotes for is just one small
part of a much larger overall web initiative, but I'm not sure that we will
need to subout for any more than just this portion. For anyone interested
in possibly getting this work, I will need the quote by end of day tomorrow,
Jan 26.

At this point, if there is anything else that is vague, contact me off-list
at joesatcopfer [dot] com (mailto:joesatcopfer [dot] com) or call (216) 615-4923.

thanks again,

joe shoults
copfer.com