Subject: Re: FLASH: Image Sequence Video Problem
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:33:03 -0000

>"I'm normally a director user but for now I ha ve to make a flash project
>with QT.
>I know you have to convert a QT in flash to a JPEG sequence or something
>like that. And import those JPEG again in a new fla file. All that works and
>they all play fine. The problem now is that those fla files where called
>with a loadmovie frome another fla file. When I play the .swf file it seems
>he can't play the QT.swf files above the 2 mb.
>Is there a limit in mb for loading an .swf file? Any suggestions are
>welcome. Or if ther is somebody who knows a flash user group where I can try
>to ask it?"

They'd probably be best served by reading FLASHER-L for a week.... ;-)

Flash is designed for web-sized loads. It has in-RAM play... none of the
media management you'd find in Director.

Two megabytes of compressed JPGs is much, much more than that when
decompressed into RAM.

Want to play QuickTime in a web browser? Try QuickTime. SWF content is
something else:
"Macromedia Flash for Videographers and 3D Animators"
http://www.macromedia.com/go/14494

jd