Subject: Re: [flasher] Variables
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:28:10 -0000

> Set variable /:whatever = 1
>
> If I do a List Variables under Test Movie, and Output window shows:
>
> Layer #0:
> Variable _level0:whatever = "1"

That's normal... the listing always includes quotes around string or
numerical data. It's a little confusing, but that's how it works...

So it sounds like your data is there correctly, you just have to test for
it correctly... If you're using = for numerical data and eq for string data
you should also be okay... Feel free to send me the code off-list if you
want and I can take a quick look...

You seem to know what you're doing, so it is probably some subtle
syntax mistake...

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com