Subject: Tracking position of sprites/cartoon characters
From: Matthew Phillips
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:00:56 +0100

We have a sprite / cartoon character whose position we would like to track
on screen. Is there any way to do this? Here is an example of what we want
to accomplish:

There are menu items on the left and right of the screen. When you rollover
a menu item the cartoon character moves to that part of the screen. When you
rollover another item, how can we track the cartoon character's position so
that the cartoon character isn't jerking back to it's starting position?

If the cartoon character is positioned on the left, and the user chooses an
item on the right,
we want fluid motion from left to right. And so on, and so forth.

Is this something we can do in Flash 3?

Finally, where can I get a complete list of all the "FS COMMANDS" that Flash
3 understands?
We bought Flash 3 online (i.e. no manual).

Thank you very much,
Matthew Phillips