Subject: Re: FLASH: Screensaver Size
From: FlashJester Team
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:54:26 +0100

Hi Eric,

The FLA size does not really matter while you are working on it. What
matters is when you export it as an SWF. When you create a Flash site, you
need to make sure the file size is the smallest but since you are
distributing the screen saver, it will be stored on the users computer, so
the size is not really an issue. Keep it under 1mb so the end result will be
less than 1.4mb so it can keep onto a floppy disk..

What you will find though with using large sized JPGs is that the animation
will be slow. Apart from that, there is no real problem with file size. But
I guess the smaller you can get the SWF, the faster the download of the
screen saver. To get a better idea on how to use JPG's in a screensaver look
at Eye4u Screensaver, it's fast and runs smoothly.

http://wwe.eye4u.com

for other examples check out

www.flashjester.com/noneflash/creator_gallery.htm

We hope this helps/
Regards
FlashJester Support Team
supportatflashjester [dot] com

"Some people dream of success. While others wake up and work hard at it."