Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH file transparency in Netscape browser....
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:15:58 +0100

Hi Buck,

> What is the final word on what browsers of what version support the
> transparency setting from the FLASH file to the browser? I need version
> numbers of browsers that will show the HTML background through the FLASH
> file.
I have posted this several times laely, including the URL, which points
to resources on this!!!!!! See under DHTML at HTML page at the Resource.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/HTML/Index.htm

The Wmode parameter and Flash swf transparecy along with other DHTML
effects with Flash only work woth Win 32 (Win 95/98/NT and 2000)
versions of MSIE 4 and later. And there are some issues, there as well.

Netscape 4 was supposed to have these DHTML features, but in practic no
one was able to get anything to work properly with plugins. Later
versions of Netscape have some limited improved capability, but not
enough so far for MM or any other major vendor (that I know of) to
release a half working and likely buggy plugin.