Subject: Re: FLASH: AGAIN I ASK...
From: Wes Tilson
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:30:06 +0100

In my example at
http://fusion.combase.com/~westilson/flash/memmatch/memmatch.htm

I do have Javascript "talking" directly to Flash by starting the sound1.swf
movie at a predetermined frame within the movie, not by a goto from the
beginning of the movie. This means one could, for example, have a preloader
play at the start, navigate to another page from the interface, and go back
to a frame within the first movie just before the interface.

Sound1.swf becomes the object sound1.

if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") != -1)
var voices = window.sound1
else
var voices = window.document.sound1

checks for MSIE or NN and associates the swf with the variable voices.

voices.GotoFrame(169)
goes to the swf at frame 169.

You need to enable "live Connect"
document.write(' swLiveConnect=TRUE WIDTH=600 HEIGHT=200');

If Javascript can talk to the swf, Java sure should be able to . . . . .

Hope this helps. Im coding PERL tonight, gotta go.

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip

YAFS: Yet Another Screen Saver Maker.
http://fusion.combase.com/~westilson/yafs

http://fusion.combase.com/~westilson/kjvbible/kjvbible.htm