Subject: FLASH:[OT] Inspiration -where?
From: Ruben McDavid
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:56:44 +0100

For inspiration, follow my -11- Flash Design principles I teach in my Flash
classes to Warner Bros. designers in Burbank, Los Angeles:

1. UNITY (Proximity, Repetition, Continuation, Variety)
2. EMPHASIS/FOCAL POINT (Contrast, Isolation, Placement, Degree of Emphasis,
Absence of Focal Point)
3. BALANCE (Symmetrical, Asymmetrical, By Color, By Value, By Shape, By
Texture, By Position, By Eye Direction, Radial, Crystallographic)
4. SCALE/PROPORTION (Scale of Art, Scale Within Art, Scale Confusion, Human
Proportions, Golden Mean)
5. ILLUSION OF SPACE (Devices to show depth, Nonspatial Use of Space,
Overlapping, Transparency, Vertical Location, Aerial Perspective, Linear
Perspective, Amplified Perspective, Multiple Perspective, Isometric
Projection, Open Form/Closed Form, Spatial Puzzles)
6. ILLUSION OF MOTION (Memory Images, Figure Repeated, Fuzzy Outlines,
Multiple Image, Optical Movement, Op Art)
7. RHYTHM (Repetition, Alternating, Progressive)
8. LINE (Line and Shape, Types of Lines, Line Direction, Contour and Gesture,
Line Quality, Linear Painting, Lost-and-Found Contour)
9. SHAPE/FORM (Naturalism, Distortion, Idealism, Abstraction, Nonobjective
Shapes, Dots, Rectilinear, Curvilinear, Positive/Negative Shapes)
10. TEXTURE (Tactile, Collage, Visual, Trompe-l'oeil, Pattern)
11. COLOR (Properties, Hue, Value, Intensity, Space Effects, Harmonies,
Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary, Triadic, Discord, Local, Optical,
Arbitrary, Emotional Qualities, Symbolism)

There you have it...Make a Excel Spreadsheet and annotate your comments. There
are unlimited combinations and you'll end as a pro like Vir2L and
DesignGraphik. I'll be glad to explain any of the terms that you're not
familiar with. Watch CNN animations.

Ruben
http://www.digitaldesignla.com/