Subject: Re: FLASH: Shockwave 3D (was: Max, Strata)
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:36:20 +0100

Metastream, well, just look at their web page. I wouldn't want to rely on
that site to educate my audience on how to download and install the plug-in.

Metacreations had lots of knowledge about 3D, sure, but nada about
delivering browser plug-ins, and they have not learned from those who do.

They have an impressive list of 'partners' but no info regarding exactly
what software those partners are developing to create metastream content, so
you are left to go to the partner's sites and search around. I couldn't find
anything, grew frustrated, left.

They do have absoluty gorgeous rendering and limited
animation/interactivity. However, I don't think they have the ability to
sell their technology to the masses. I think we are still awaiting the best
solution to web3d.

Nemo does indeed look very good, _highly advanced interactive authoring_. If
they could get it to stream and reduce the system resource load a bit, it
might really take off.

Michael Penney
See the Human Powered Sculpture Video!
http://www.bigtimeweb.com/events/kinetic.html