Subject: Re: FLASH: Technomelancholic Sigh.
From: Randy Kato
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:14:12 +0100

Kurt,

Were you lucky enough to get to FF2K and see Yugo's Flash Canvas presentation, or
Josh Davis' Chaos Theory and Nature presentation? I wish everybody who has ever
touched Flash could have seen these. There were literally people in tears,
gasping, swooning...souls were being touched.

The main thing that sets Yugo & Josh apart from the masses is their way of looking
at things. They're very different people, but they are the same in that their
vision goes way deeper than most. Josh doesn't know math, is covered in tattoos
and likes to run through the woods naked. Yugo is an architect, soft-spoken, and
certainly more conservative. But they both have minds that seem to live in places
that the rest of us feel lucky to catch occasional glimpses of.

It's not nearly as powerful without the man himself presenting it, but check out
Josh's "Creating complexity from simplicity" presentation at
http://www.praystation.com. Yugo's mind-blowing stuff is supposed to be up
somewhere soon as well (minus whatever he can't distribute due to copyright), but
there is one piece he showed that can be found at http://www.kiriya.com.

-Randy

--
Randy Kato - Web Master