Subject: Re: Animation in Button
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:38:49 +0100

You mean you want a light that flashes on and off in the up state?
To do that:

1) create your graphic, group it, and save it as a graphic symbol
(not as a button).

2) create a symbol that's a 2-frame movie clip. Place the graphic you
just made in the first frame and add a keyframe to the second
frame so the graphic occurs in both frames. On the edit stage, double
click on the
graphic as it occurs in the first frame, go to "color effect, brightness"
and make it darker. Do the same for the graphic
as it occurs in the second frame, but make it brighter.
Make sure the movie clip loops.

3) now you can create your button. For the Up state, drag in (from the
library)
the movie clip that flashes brighter and darker. For the other states,
drag in just the graphic that you made in step one (above). You can use
the Inspector or onion skinning to make sure the clip and graphic are lined up
perfectly.