Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4 ESD Installers now available
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:39:39 +0100

At 09:56 PM 6/18/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Marc,
>
>The manual might be available for download like it is for the Flash3 ESD
>version, but I would recommend going for the CD version. The CD version
>usually has a lot of goodies and you avoid all the hassle and trash that
>ESD leaves behind, plus reinstalling is a snap.
>
>Nigel

Dear Nigel,

I should just let you do all my thinking for me, you're always lucid! Hard
copy, here I come!

BTW, I tried converting a recent project to Flash4 just to try out the MP3
sound and I was blown away. The movie wasn't too sound-heavy (Flash3
version at http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/tech_eng) and was only a 215 k .swf
in Flash3, but Flash4 using MP3 at the highest bit rate cut the movie size
down to 178k and the sound improvement was wonderful.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.