Subject: Re: FLASH: Director vs. Flash
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:43:09 +0100

WriXorataol [dot] com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/25/99 6:52:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> beckeratbiz10 [dot] dwave [dot] net writes:

> > Easily I doubt. However why not, in this case, tween the eyeball through
> > 360 frames -- one for each degree of rotation -- and determine which
> > frame to jump to next based on the mouse pointer location?
>
> Uck!?! Okay--I won't even attempt to do that in Flash.

Hey, that may not be the only solution. Actually I just thought of
another one, taking from the Googly Eyes I have on nightwares. There's
no rotation going on with them, obviously -- I just orient the pupils
based on pointer loc onscreen.

Now it's possible that one could do something sililar with an eyeball,
making the iris and pupil two separate layers on top of the sclera, and
animate just the pupils and irises based on mouse loc.

Certainly in Director it'd be straightforward -- the work of about 10
minutes to code -- perhaps in F4 it's equally doable.

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ warrenatnightwares [dot] com (mailto:warrenatnightwares [dot] com)