Subject: Re: FLASH: Director vs. Flash
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:46:00 +0100

John Dowdell wrote:

> DIRECT-L did have long and lengthy flamefests about D700 and other
> subjects. It's a stretch to go from that to saying that D7 had "massive"
> problems though.

Well, I suppose you're right about that in some respects.

However the documented failures of #text members and the very well
documented MIAW problems which existed in 7 were, if not massive, at
least astoundingly annoying. For some they represented uncrossable
barriers.

Naturally those issues have been laid to rest in 702, which is fine, but
they were massive enough to those who had to deal with them initially,
and they did cost MACR credibility on the Director front.

Since Flash is a pretty slick engine, I'd hate to see those mistakes
replicated in it.

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ warrenatnightwares [dot] com (mailto:warrenatnightwares [dot] com)