Subject: Re: FLASH: technostrut - pet project #2
From: Markus Gut
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:26:59 +0100

Sherryl,

You can't get real random access in Flash3. I don't know if real random
access can be done in Flash 4, but I doubt it.

If you are on a Unix server, you could do some kind of script which is
called by the cron daemon every minute or every other minute. That
script could change a link in a html document in a way that it links to
a series of .swf files in another directory. I haven't done that by
myself and you would need to work together with the admin of the server
you are using (access to crontab), but it works really nice. Doug
Menuez' gallery uses this method. The pictures won't be in the same
order when you go through the gallery again.

http://www.menuez.com

HTH
--
Markus Gut markusatrun [dot] ch