Subject: Re: Action on mouse over
From: Dave Smith
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:42:07 GMT

Andrew Timberlake wrote:

> Hi Just starting out with flash and having one or two problems
>
> If someone could help me get a button to move to a new scene when a
> mouse moves overthe button and not on a mouse click.
>
> Andrew Timberlake

Hiya andrew,

Mouseover "goto" action is not possible in Flash2.
Even though the menu gives you the option it wont work.

Only way to "goto" next scene, different frame, or URL.
Is to assign it to the button itself, i.e. mouseclick.

Sorry thats just the way it is.

I think Ive heard that Flash3 will have the option however.
It would be the first thing on my wish list.

Besides the cache problem, but thats a plug-in thang.;>)

HTH,

-DG-