Subject: Re: A Panning Shot in Flash?
From: Dave Smith
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 06:22:59 GMT

Brian Alvey wrote:

> I was using a Flash animation of a panning-like shot in a page for the
> upcoming Tech-Engine site at http://www.tech-engine.com/, but now I'm using
> a GIF while we ready our world beating global detection scripts...
>
> The original animation is at
> http://www.tech-engine.com/images/candidate.swf and if you browse it
> directly without heights and widths, you see the cropping box I built to
> simulate panning across an image and how it goes to hell without html
> around it as well as the crap the font turns into.

Im betting that Im sticking my foot in my mouth since I havent followed
this post,
but I was wondering if the Pan/Crop prob was fixed? If not, create
another mask/window
but increase the mask(keeping the window the same size as original)by
about 250%.
Save the movie a size smaller than the mask but as large as the large
gif/JPG image on the second layer. say W700 H500. Export .swf into
table. Set Pad/CEll/Bord
to 0. No pecentages. Use pix sizing. Theres been reports of bugs when
changing or distorting size from imported images than that of original
size of movie.

So Flash movie = 100x100
HTML size should equal 100x100

I think Im right on this.

If any cat in here thinks this dude has given my man false information,
please speak up boy!

-DG-