Subject: Re: animated Gifs
From: Seven2000
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:35:34 GMT

<< >When I save a flash movie as an animated GIF (export) no matter what I've
>tried it looks BAD. Lots of dimpling and pixelation. Usually I've used some
>photographs so it is difficult I know. I've tried just about everything I
>can think of, hoping for a new suggestion.

Using actual pictures is not always the best way to go when
using animated GIFs. If anything, try increasing the amount
of colors before you export. The best way to create animated
GIFs is with a GIF animator, not Flash. Flash will work better
with solid colors. Try Ulead's GIF animator. >>

Or you could try Fireworks (FW), which is in Public Beta now at MM's website.
It's MM's all around solution for creating graphics for the web. I've been
using it now for about a week, and it's definitely going to find it's place
among web designers. GL, James