Subject: FLASH: RE: FLASH - Random Numbers
From: Conlon, Matthew
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:26:20 GMT

Yes, it can run through a random function rather quickly - it's a simple
math call. You are seeing the proof of this - you could test it just to see
that concept made plain. Yes, you can reduce your odds (like the lottery) by
making the number pool larger. Someone with a statistics background could
give you a better insight into this, but basically, random means just that,
random, so you could just as easily have your "Chosen" look for 1,2,3, or 4
as any other set of numbers.

However, if you really want to control the time, you might try using a
function built from a variable, a little math, and the GetTimer call, and
pair that with your random function. (In which case, you may as well use a
Random (4)+1 function and pick from 1, 2, 3 or 4.)

MattC