Subject: FLASH: Authorware and Flash
From: Kierkla, Christine J.
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:06:04 GMT

Hi Guys
Ok, here is my situation. I am running a Flash piece in my Authorware
piece. The Flash piece is used as a background, running the entire time.
In this background, I have developed buttons that have rollover states. In
Authorware, I put a hot spot over the buttons in flash. This is to
calculate the correct response. My problem is that sometimes the rollover
effect in Flash "sticks". Meaning, sometimes when the user clicks "A" as
the correct response, the green highlight stays green even when the user
rolls off of the button. How come the over states of the buttons I created
in flash stick when I import them into Authorware? In order to "unstick"
the over state, I have to click somewhere else or move the mouse over
another button.

Any suggestions? Besides making these buttons in authorware instead of
Flash. It's easier to make them in Flash because then I don't have to
figure out how to make text appear on top of my buttons keeping the rollover
effect active.

Christine Kierkla
Lithonia Lighting - LBT
Ext. 2786