Subject: RE: FLASH: Fireworks to Flash (SOME THOUGHTS)
From: Lynn Fredricks
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:00:58 GMT

> I haven't seen this regarded as a priority, Ken, at least
> compared to other
> tasks. Fireworks' main duty is in producing graphics and code for
> webpages.
> The ability to export SWF and AI was driven more by the occasional need to
> get artwork out of Fireworks than by the desire to produce a longform
> eyecandy SWF tool.

Considering the type of integration of Fireworks with Dreamweaver, it seems
very natural to be able to export a Fireworks file in FLA format, OR have
Flash import a Fireworks file in an easy to edit format. I find Fireworks
much easier to use and as a consequence I would like to create great
interfaces in Fireworks and then animate them in Flash.

It would not suprise me if this type of ease of use will be the biggest
selling point of Adobe's product over Flash.

I know that Flash can already import from Illustrator and I suppose that is
one way to do it in order to maintain easily editable vectors. But why not
make it easier?

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC

ph 503-520-0191
fx 503-643-9877

www.proactive-intl.com

International high-tech distribution, channel
and worldwide business development services

-Market Analysis
-Partner Selection
-Contract Negotiation
-Growth Management