Subject: RE: FLASH: FlashForward 2000 response?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:11:57 +0100

At 11:21 AM 3/30/0, Justin Everett-Church wrote:
> while I'm happy that there was a flash conference, I was very
> disappointed with it overall... when asked by my boss how I
> liked the conference, I was REALLY embarrassed.

I'm sorry you feel this way, Justin, but if you could, then could you take
advantage of the feedback form when it comes out? I believe I heard Lynda
say that an email address for the survey will arrive soon after the
conference.

I know that lynda.com and United Digital Artists are both businesses that
try to satisfy their customers, so if you could tell them what worked for
you, what didn't, and what you still needed, then I believe that could help
everybody in the future.

Some of the things at that show were a surprise to folks at Macromedia,
too, but it'd be great for all concerned if their businesses met your
needs, thanks.

For me, I enjoyed it greatly... I've been to a lot of conferences, but this
one had a unique buzz. Part of it was walking up to Nob Hill and seeing
these geeky people all over that hightone street, I liked that! 8)

It was extremely cool to finally meet some of the folks on this list
face-to-face, although it's always frustrating to realize you might be
standing next to someone you know and never realize it 'cause you've never
seen them before... I can't wait until we get some type of wireless
connectivity devices that make eworld-to-realworld migrations easier....
;-)

One thing that various Macromedians have commented on is how so many folks
have found new lives for themselves in this work... many attendees are now
making a good living doing creative work they enjoy, through Flash... it
was beautiful to see what a real difference this new medium was making in
people's lives. On the other side, folks at Macromedia really get off on
the creative work that designers are putting out. This mutual-appreciation
aspect was my single biggest takeaway from this get-together.

But please do let lynda.com and UDA know how you'd like their upcoming
events in New York and Europe to adapt... that would be very valuable
information, thanks in advance.

jd

flasher is generously supported by...