Subject: Re: [flasher] vortex
From: CA
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:01:42 -0000

I'm currently working on a timetunnel, blackhole, wormhole, or whatever name
it has. I haven't found anything out there yet except pictures, so I've
downloaded pictures from various gov sites and am creating a flash version
of it using the pictures as reference. Mine has lightning going through the
center of it. I've listed some links below where I'm getting references
from.

The only thing I've been able to do so far is read the text files on how the
tunnels function, then recreate the effect using flash animations. NASA has
some good reference photos.

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/NumRel/MoviesEdge.html

This site has a lot of links. You just have to do it the hard way like me I
guess... one site at a time!

http://www.mindconnection.com/_links/lnkastronomy.htm

If you're trying to simulate the spinning motion, there are text files that
describe it to a T if you can visualize it and capture it in animation.
There are a lot of still life photos, grids, and computer simulations. Let
me know if you find some tutorials because Im brainstorming and spinning my
wheels!

~C~