Subject: Re: Element = Instance
From: David Baldeschwieler
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:32:12 +0100

Andrew,

What you are trying to do - loading a movie that is located on a
different server - should work properly in Flash 3. Be sure that all
your path names are perfectly correct before you assume it is broken.

Also, be aware that if you are trying to load a movie that is in a
different directory than the flash .swf that is currently playing and
calling the "load movie" action, you will need to push your files to
your server and test in the browser (Netscape/Explorer). The Flash stand
alone player and the internal Flash "Test Movie" player can NOT NOT NOT
recognize path names - so if the .swf that you are trying to load is in
a different folder on your local drive than the original .swf movie, the
player won't be able to find it.

Hope that helps!

-DB
-Flash QA Team