Subject: Re: sound effects???
From: Marcantonio Magnarapa
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 13:42:51 +0100

>missing the important part of flash....sounds.
>Can anyone tell me on where can I get cool sound effects for
>buttons and backgounds??

I think there may be better ways to collect sounds, but I rely on two
resources: the internet itself (a whole load of WAVs is available on
various sites) and my collection of CDs.

Since you need short sounds most of the time, I listen to CDs and seek
those effects I need in their music. I capture small bits of sound, I play
with their frequency, volume and duration, I add (if needed) some simple
effects and then I import the results into flash.

Of course this only applies to small bits - like buttons, for instance. CDs
are copyrighted and you are not supposed to steal data from them.

You can also take a look at the .wavs that already are in your hard disk. I
recently had to find a strange effect which I eventually extracted from the
most common sound you can find on a win95 box: the "Microsoft Sound".

Good work!

Bye,
Marcantonio