Subject: RE: sound effects???
From: Les Mizzell
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 01:38:41 +0100

Marcantonio Magnarapa wrote:

> Since you need short sounds most of the time, I listen to CDs and seek
> those effects I need in their music.

*SNIP*

>Even the smallest bits of data from CDs are copyrighted.

We've been through this before, haven't we?

So, I've an idea. How about a CD of audio files designed with the net and
Flash in mind?

As a composer and sound-designer (tons of regional/national commercial
credits plus three feature film scores), I've been working for the last year
on a CD of what is know in radio-speak as "stingers". I went back and
listened to what I had so far, and much of it converts very well to the type
of short clips and sound-effects that work great in Flash and on the net.

I'm game to adding to this. Send me mail privately (so we don't get accused
of spamming the list or anything) and I'll do my best over the next several
months or so to develop and add additional types of sounds that everybody
thinks they need. From there, I'll post samples of what's on the CD, and
then offer it back to anybody that sent suggestions at cost before I go
retail with it.

So, couple questions:
1. What type of material do you want?
Short music beds?
What style?
Button sounds?
Weird stuff?
2. What format does everybody think the CD should be?
Audio only?
CD-ROM?
What format sound files? AIFF, .wav?
Mixed format (audio plus data) better?

I'd prefer to have only ONE format, because I can get much more stuff on it
instead of wasting space duplicating data in multiple formats.

Let me know

mizzellatmsn [dot] com (mailto:mizzellatmsn [dot] com)