Subject: Re: FLASH: Controlling Main time Line.......from embedded buttons
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 05:29:38 +0100

At 11:20 PM 4/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a movie clip on the main time line being controlled by tell targets to
>make it stop and go. Inside that movie clip is a button. How can I give the
>button inside that movie clip and action to control the main time line?

Hi Patrick.
Under instance properties for the button, use the action:

Begin TellTarget (target= /)
Go To (and Stop, or, and Play) frame (whatever frame)
End TellTarget

"/" is the designation for the main timeline.

You could also embed the action in the Down frame of the button, but this
would limit the button to always having that result. Applying actions to
the button instance is a lot more flexible and also gives you all mouse
event options (over, out, etc.) rather than just down (press).

Marc Hoffman