Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Questions
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:41:34 +0100

Kevin,

This might not be what you want or need, but if the presentation is
standalone then build a VB app that encapsulates it.
I gather you already have the swf, pdf, xls, etc. files for the
presentation, so just grab your favourite programmer from the Triskelian
staff and you're set.

Advantages of this method :
-You end up with one exe and possibly some other support files (pdf's,
xls's...) that are easy to distribute and install.
- No pesky DOS boxes to deal with
- Full Print support
- End user friendly
Disadvantages of this method :
- OS dependent
- Client must have Flash player installed or you will have to enter
license agreement with Macromedia or instruct user how to download Flash
player from Macromedia. For a real professional solution you can have an
installer that does this.

As for creating 'site maps' for flash linkages the best way is to
reorganize your work flow and document the movie creation phase. One way
I do this is by using a guide layer where I annotate things like fonts,
colours, sounds and images used plus dependencies.