Subject: FLASH: Re: Sophisticated Preload II.
From: - 21 -
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:14:48 +0100

> >but then you would likely be missing the advantage of Flash in that
> >Flash streams if you give it a chance. In other words it is rare that a
> >whole movie need to be loaded before it should start playing.

Okay, well I guess my question is... Will the fact that some information is
still being streamed and downloaded by the user affect the playback of the
portions already downloaded? It's like RealAudio isn't it? RealAudio
streams.. but then if your computer isn't downloading faster than it's
playing, it stops right then and there and 'buffers'. I guess I just want
the user to experience the movie the way it was meant to be shown. I don't
want it to stop in the middle of playing and mess everything up. I guess
that's why I make the viewer download the whole movie. I wish I didn't have
to do that and could stream the damn thing, but only if I'm sure the movie
runs fine. Any tips on what to load first? *shrug*

-eric