Subject: Re: FLASH: Re:
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 01:32:41 +0100

At 07:48 PM 5/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me the restrictions to using sound loops from
>www.flashzone.com? I found some really nice ones I'd like to use in a logo
>animation. I was able to download them with no forms asking for my credit
card, name,
>rank, serial number, etc. Does this mean they can be freely used?

Uh, I wouldn't guess so, anymore than I'm free to use that painting I saw
at the free art show last Saturday.

Here, I ripped this off from the FlashZone site :-) -- It's the little
print down at the bottom of each of their pages:
"FlashZone is protected by copyright, and our content comes from a variety
of sources. Please obtain permission from the content owner before
reproducing or distributing anything from this website."

You might try emailing staffatflashzone [dot] com. to see who owns the sounds. I
do think they make it confusing by offering the downloads and then adding
the legal warning.

Marc Hoffman