Subject: Re: FLASH: To Scene or not to Scene
From: David Gary Studios
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 23:22:44 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Design Mine / Eric Hassler & Lori Greer <ericatdesignmine [dot] com>
To: flasheratshocker [dot] com <flasheratshocker [dot] com>
Date: Friday, May 28, 1999 2:24 PM

>Oh no! I've been building my first Flash site and have made extensive use
>of scenes. Due to the linear nature of Flash I thought it would be easier
>to organize my work into short scenes, rather than one looonngggg one. Now
>i'm hearing that this was a bad idea. Crap. :(

If you are using extensive "tell target" routines, Scenes might cause
problems since
another scene cuts off any communication with MCs in other scenes. I usually
organize
unusually long flash animations with MCs as scene. This way I only need just
a few keyframes
for my whole movie. I also can still "tell target" MCs with in my "Scene"
MCs.

MC="movie clips"

hth,

-DG-

-David Gary-
Interactive Media Producer/Designer
Dreamwave Productions, Inc
<http://www.davidgarystudios.com>
<dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net (mailto:dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net)>